Options Playbook Radio 36: Long Calendar Spreads
In this episode, we’re talking about long calendar spreads, from the call side. If you have the Playbook, we’re on page 90. Or, you can find what we’re discussing on OptionsPlaybook.com.
Today, Brian discusses:
- What is a calendar spread?
- Looking at accelerated time decay, and why does it happen?
- At-the-money strikes, and why they are used in calendar spreads
- Front and back month
- How to construct a calendar spread
- Why do a calendar spread?
- Time decay review, and how it impacts the value of your option
- Maximum profit and loss
- Time value review, and what happens when it goes away?
- And more…