This week we are going to look at a cash-secured put, which you can find on page 48 of the Options Playbook. You can always find it online at OptionsPlabyook.com, or in an Amazon Kindle version. Today Brian discusses:
- OPEC decided to cut oil production, so oil prices and stocks spiked
- Looking at Marathon Oil, MRO
- Where is it trading today?
- How to put on a cash-secured put in MRO?
- Why is the timing right to do an oil play?
- Selecting the expiration
- Remember that you want to be put the stock
- Where are you willing to buy the stock? That's how you pick your strike
- Where is IV right now?
- What will it cost?
- What is the maximum cost if you're put the stock?
- What happens if you're wrong on the strike?
- How to get more upside? Sell a put to pay for a bull call spread
Do you have a question that you would like to have answered on Options Playbook Radio? You can submit your feedback right on the Options Playbook Radio Facebook page. There, you will also find past episodes, and more from your host Brian Overby.